FREE - VIP Celebrity Access - Click here for FREE updates

Celebrity Blog

Madonna Decena, Britains Got Talent 2008

April 19th, 2008 · 61 Comments. Celebrity Gossip reports.

del.icio.us:Madonna Decena, Britains Got Talent 2008  digg:Madonna Decena, Britains Got Talent 2008  spurl:Madonna Decena, Britains Got Talent 2008  simpy:Madonna Decena, Britains Got Talent 2008  newsvine:Madonna Decena, Britains Got Talent 2008  furl:Madonna Decena, Britains Got Talent 2008  reddit:Madonna Decena, Britains Got Talent 2008  Y!:Madonna Decena, Britains Got Talent 2008

Madonna Decena

Madonna Decena, Britains Got Talent 2008

Is Madonna Decena the Paul Potts of 2008? I for one hope so. Awesome voice – Awesome Story

32-year-old single mum Madonna is from the Philippines and wants nothing more to bring her children over to Britain. She think`s she`s got a chance with her singing talent, and the judges think she`s right…

Tearfully she explained that she had to leave her two children behind with their grandparents, until she had raised enough money to send for them. Her rendition of I Will Always Love You made sure there was not a dry eye in the house.

Madonna Decena sings the famous Whitney Houston song “I will always love you”

Madonna was working as a Club Singer and had recently performed in a Charity Gala at The Opera House, Blackpool, along with Joe Longthorne and Frank Carson, and as a guest singer with the Andy Prior Big Band at The Grand Theatre, Blackpool on New Year’s Eve.

Somehow, I think the venues in the future will be larger and she will be headlining!

Related Posts

Paul Potts Wins Britains Got Talent
Madonna at Screening of “I Am Because We Are,” at the Tribeca Film Festival, NYC

Tags: Recommended

If you like celebrity news and gossip, you may want to subscribe to our Celebrity blog feed or sign up for free email updates. Thanks for your visit!

61 responses so far ↓

• nenelie ramos // Apr 20, 2008 at 10:38 am

madonna you are fantastic! you make us proud .you’re very good ambassador for the philippines.you are welcome to our house in ireland (anytime) to eat filipino food.we are all behind you and your two beautiful children.may all your dreams come true.

• Kim Chua // Apr 20, 2008 at 2:26 pm

Like Simon, I didn’t expect this is coming at all and in just one night alone, I had listened to her song over and over again, may be 50 times. Others sing with their lips, she sings with her heart!!well done

• melody // Apr 21, 2008 at 1:05 am

So proud of you cousin, WAY To GO! Simon is so nice to you, keep it up…. be strong, be confident, i mean you have it all….ride on cousin!

• connie James // Apr 21, 2008 at 6:52 pm

Well done Madonna you make us Filipinos very proud. Be yourself and goodluck.

• Jon // Apr 21, 2008 at 8:26 pm

wow! what a performance! love it, you make us Filipino’s very proud. good luck

• llana // Apr 21, 2008 at 11:11 pm

goodluck madonna. that was a fantastic performance. you make us filipino’s proud of you. GO GET THEM!!!

• angel // Apr 22, 2008 at 4:18 am

Way to go, Filipino talents! :) Madonna, you can go a long, long way, i can tell. God bless you and continue to capture the hearts of the people with your powerful voice, charm and attitude. Stay real. :)

• Mark Louie // Apr 22, 2008 at 7:12 am

I love your song. I’m always proud of our race when i see Filipinos on top of other talents. Make it big for our pride.. I wish you good health and may you be with your children soon..Ü

• allan // Apr 22, 2008 at 12:07 pm

good luck!! galing mo!!!!!

• LYCAH // Apr 22, 2008 at 4:12 pm

We are so proud of you.Goodluck and Godbless.

• rlf // Apr 22, 2008 at 4:24 pm

It crazy, Charice sings for her mom and Madonna sings for her kids!

• robert // Apr 22, 2008 at 5:18 pm

yan ang pinoy malakas ang loob at higit sa lahat magaling!!! Go and Get your Dream….

• kailey // Apr 22, 2008 at 8:58 pm

well firstly i just absolutely love madonna decena, her version of whitney houston’s I Will Always Love You was just so beautiful to listen to and i really admire her for being so dedicated to do this for her kids, unlike some europeans who come over to work in britain out of pure greed. I’M backing madonna to win, you go girl!!!

• kailey // Apr 22, 2008 at 9:02 pm

Oh and if you’re ever in wales, i have a warm welcome in my home,

• clenia // Apr 23, 2008 at 12:01 am

oh my you are so good and fantastic. i really love listening to your rendition of that song. i’m so proud of you and i know every Filipino is also proud of you. keep up the good work . good luck and God bless

• james // Apr 23, 2008 at 3:57 am

Filipinos is loving and caring and yet very loyal to a friend they are talented. I know that bcoz my wife is a filipina and I am the most luckiest man on earth having a filipina wife. Shes such a wonderful lady I love you janine.

• argy kim // Apr 23, 2008 at 6:08 am

your so fantastic! aim high.. lean on Him..

• Mario Yusuf Germino // Apr 23, 2008 at 6:32 am

your hard work, dedication, committment and love for your children and family and your talent will inshAllah pay off….. you will be BIG star!!!!!!!!!

• Bryan // Apr 23, 2008 at 7:34 am

She’s a pride of AMA Computer (high school) QC. Aside from a good singing voice, she’s got brains too, as what most (if not all) her AMA mentors will attest.

• Bicolxpress // Apr 23, 2008 at 7:47 am

Madonna, ang galing ng boses mo, halos walang ipinagkaiba sa boses ni Whitney Houston, You are a super Mom, and I salute you for that sacrifices, likas sa ating mga pilipino ang may talent. Always ask for the Lord’s guidance and good health. Keep up the good work. Always sing with your heart and mind.
    Congrats and Goodluck!

• Michelle // Apr 23, 2008 at 8:25 am

Hey, Cuz! You made us all proud. Show them what you’ve got and always dedicate your performance to GOD… He will take care of the rest. LOVE YOU, cuz!

• dan // Apr 23, 2008 at 11:29 am

congrats..! Keep it up… you let filipino on top of the world. godbless!

• pogeetalaga // Apr 23, 2008 at 11:48 am

i can relate to you Madonna, i have to leave my family too initially as i started to settle here in Toronto, after a few months of saving for their plane fare, they finally joined me and we have fully adapted.

My heart and prayers for you.. i know they will join you too wherever you go, win or loose on that talent show… nothing will beat a mother’s love to her kids…

For me you are already a winner…
    GodSPEED!!!

• Apple // Apr 23, 2008 at 1:05 pm

This is why I believe Filipinos are amazing (I am one, and I am also living in another country). No matter what they say about our problems in the Philippines, Filipinos strive hard when they go abroad. Perhaps because we are presented with opportunities we couldn’t have back home, and that we will do everything for our own families. It is so heartwarming to know that every Filipino immigrant out there has their own families back home on their mind, when they suffer the hardships of being away from them. We Filipinas put our children over and above our own welfare, and yes, we find our strength and inspiration in them. Madonna is like any typical overseas Filipino worker out there who sacrifices her own life for the sake of hen family. This is why, despite the bad reputation we get from what is happening politically in the Phils., I am still proud to be a Filipina.

• Danny Carrera // Apr 23, 2008 at 1:56 pm

What a fantastic performance! Madonna, you made Filipinos around the world take pride of themselves. I salute you for that splendid performance. Good Luck

• stillcute // Apr 23, 2008 at 2:41 pm

the world should know that the filipinos’ sterling abilities or commitment are mainly inspired by their deep feelings for their loved ones

• tata da verona // Apr 23, 2008 at 4:45 pm

bravissima! non ho parola. i miei carissimi auguri di cuore per te e per le tue bimbe. ogni bene cara!!! tanti baci e abbracci.

• neil j. // Apr 23, 2008 at 6:25 pm

That was simply stupendous Madonna! You give us here in the Philippines one good reason to smile. Thank you and may you have your kids with you soon.

• Josefina S. de Jesus // Apr 24, 2008 at 2:12 am

April 24, 2008

Keep it up! Don’t forget our Lord Jesus Christ “in everything you do, do it all for the Glory of God” and you will go a long way.
    Offer Him everything you will achieve in the competition, always put your feet on the ground.

Remember you are our flag bearer, you are always included in our prayers.

• Josefina S. de Jesus // Apr 24, 2008 at 2:17 am

Dear Madonna,

Keep it up!
    Don’t forget our Lord Jesus Christ. “In everything you do, do it all for the Glory of God” and you will go a long, long way.

Offer Him everything you will do, your dreams, whatever achievement you will reap in the competition. Always put your feet on the ground. (you know what I mean)

Remember, as Filipino flag bearear and one of the many Filipinos who are truly talented, you are always included in our prayers.

Congratulations!

• tony // Apr 24, 2008 at 3:58 am

From one Filipino to the Brits,

I wish to thank the British people for appreciating Madonna. Brits are very generous, polite, respectful and fair. And they believe in giving people, no matter what race a fair chance. So thanks for being a good audience!

Btw, another 2008 BGT likely winner is Charlie Green, a 10year old half filipino! So there you have it, PINOYS really have high musicality, maybe inborn.

• edwin // Apr 24, 2008 at 7:50 am

you have such a fantastic voice!!! A trademark of the Decena’s here in the Philippines. I happened to be a friend of your tito boy & tito ruben. You really showed what filipinos can do if given a chance…
    Good Luck and GOD Bless!!!!

• manny // Apr 24, 2008 at 8:45 am

Goodness!!!, nicely done….
    its a pity that you have to go away, for your talent to be noticed…..talo mo pa yun ibang sikat sa atin….good luck

• noli g. mandarlipe // Apr 24, 2008 at 11:42 am

your really great,sobrang naiyak ako..

• karl byrne // Apr 24, 2008 at 2:32 pm

well girl you surely can sing there was not a dry eye in our house that night with gods help and a kind loving britain you surly have to win this year all our love the byrne family manchester

• fred // Apr 24, 2008 at 3:06 pm

God bless you, Madonna. We need more people like her. This should be an eye opener to our greedy politicians who rob our country to feed their insatiable desires. Poor us who leave our country to earn for our families.

• Josel // Apr 24, 2008 at 5:34 pm

Madonna, We are very proud of you. You have a fantastic voice. You are welcome here in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I love to hear and see you singing over and over again. I’m sure you will become successful. God bless. Mabuhay ka and your kids at ang Pilipinas!

• mari // Apr 24, 2008 at 5:37 pm

she’s better than madonna she’s good

• gerald gadi // Apr 24, 2008 at 5:37 pm

naku po madonna kailangan galingan mo pa sa susunod!!! proud na proud sayo mga tao good luck!!!

• nena/brucw morgan // Apr 24, 2008 at 9:41 pm

hi madonna, you’re gifted with your beautiful voice and personality.you have a voice of an angel.keep up the good work and all the best for you and your kids.

• Bong // Apr 25, 2008 at 9:54 pm

What a GOD given talent! We are so proud of you ….. God bless you and your two girls.

• joir // Apr 26, 2008 at 12:20 pm

you are damn good!!! go Philippines!!! naiyak misis ko..hehehe go for the gold..

• nomer_saudi // Apr 26, 2008 at 12:37 pm

madonna, i watched the video thru you tube and it made feel high – its nice to see a kababayan in a foriegn country who stands infront of many people to perform and got their attention as you sing. . . masarap pakiramdam lalong lalo nat proud mong ipinakilala iyong sarili na ikaw ay filipino. . . . your a real madonna

• perry // Apr 26, 2008 at 6:14 pm

Madonna, you’re great and I love to hear you sing especially your rendition of the I will always love you and the #2 songs you sang at a night club on utube.

• lizel // Apr 27, 2008 at 3:30 am

mado! congrats! u’ve always made our family proud with performances like this. God bless! :)

• lady vi // Apr 29, 2008 at 8:58 pm

you have a very bright future keep em up .see u perform in las vegas soon like lani misalucha ok,,,take care ,,,

• jhuyen // May 2, 2008 at 6:46 am

you’ve got it! you knocked them out! God Bless you Madonna!

• bogusbogus45 // May 4, 2008 at 12:08 am

What a voice and “heart”. But next time (like Simon was alluding) try to dress with a bit of class and less… It’s “cheap” and does not fit the personality and voice.

• Ian // May 4, 2008 at 9:29 am

There’s Charice Pempengco, now Madonna Decena. Proud to be a Filipino! Way to go. God bless you always! God bless the Philippines!

• phileah // May 6, 2008 at 2:18 pm

super fantastic! we ‘pinoys’ are so proud of u. sana mag perform ka sa Southampton, UK.

• mado // May 10, 2008 at 2:41 am

im sometimes very shy to accept all the good comments and overwhelming remaks from alot of people.i never thought it would create such an impact. BGT made a very nice episode.im just thankful to God that he gave me this talent and the opportunity to make it here in UK. This is a sacrifice that many of us filipinos made just for our loved ones to have a better future.im blessed w 2 lovely daughters who understands why i need to be away.but i promised them that in time we will be together again.i hope i do well next round and be able to share another good news,im very grateful to everyone who prays for my success.it means alot. you are all part of my journey to a better life not just for me but for my kids and family.

GOD BLESS
    mado

• Tiffy // May 15, 2008 at 9:57 am

Awesome video!

It was really heart wrenching! I wish her all the best!

Though was the last part really necessary? :/ I know they want to milk the moment for what it’s worth but I think the last part was too much.

• adiksasingapore // May 15, 2008 at 11:37 am

Charice Pempengco, Arnel Pineda & Madonna Decena. Proud to be a Filipino! God bless Philippines!

• Gloria Macapagal Arroyo // May 27, 2008 at 8:15 am

Galing ng pinoy…noh?

• Jennifer // May 29, 2008 at 12:53 am

Congratulations!
    Hope you will make it to the finals.
    God Bless you and your family.

Yan ang PINOY!

• Hanz@Brian // May 30, 2008 at 12:25 am

Great job!.. You put us all Pinoys on top of the world… Just face your next battle squarely… and aim for the Gold!…. kaya mo yan..

See you here in Milan!..

—with our full support—-

• choaley // May 30, 2008 at 9:13 pm

I am sooo proud to be Filo like u !
    keep it up , you’re a great singer !
    Your’e kids will be home with you soon !!!!!!

• Vian // May 31, 2008 at 4:32 pm

She’s got a good voice but her performance during semi-final was just average. In my opinion, she talked alot more of her family back in Philippines, and I didn’t like the way she said that if she succeed in the final, it would be for her family’s survival … and how hard life back in Philippines. If she’s been working here in the UK to support her family, I don’t think that her family’s living condition is as bad as she sounded…hope it wasn’t her manager’s publicity ! Be proud of of your country …. in some ways, life in the Philippines is much better here in the UK!

• shar // Jun 2, 2008 at 7:46 am

as much as i would be proud of her, i believe she was booted out because of she thought Britons love “teleseryes or sob stories” like we Filipinos do… Like Simon said “This is Britain’s Got Talent” Not “Britains best story”… there you go Madonna – all I say is it worked out on the audition… but you still rubbed it in the semis…. I hope you learned your lesson….

• lulu // Jul 15, 2009 at 3:11 pm

You are SOOOOSOO AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I swear to god everytime i listen to you i start crying and im the type of person that never cries but that made me cry s much!!!!!!!!!!
    I hope you get to see ur children soon! GOOD LUCK!

• lulu // Jul 15, 2009 at 3:15 pm

shar and vian shut the fuk up! She is amazing and her preformance in the semi-final was amazing, you just dont understand how hard it is to be poor and have nearly everyone u love more than a thousand miles away from you!